Supply chain management is critical for the Group’s success and we work closely with suppliers to ensure that they comply with our quality, performance and not least labor standards. In particular, we expect our suppliers to comply with our Core Ethical Sourcing Requirements as listed below:
- The supplier only employs workers that are above the local legal minimum age.
- The supplier does not use forced or prison labour in any part or aspects of its facilities.
- The workers are not subjected to physical abuse, or the threat of physical abuse.
- The supplier does not contravene local environmental laws and regulations.
- The supplier provides a safe and healthy work environment for its workers.
- The supplier is committed to rectifying any areas of concern identified during supplier audits by the Company or its appointed third party auditors.
The Group’s Quality Manual also sets forth minimum workplace standards and product safety requirements. Giordano’s suppliers shall comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
The Group’s Quality Assurance team conducts surprise inspections from time to time to ensure that factories comply with the Group’s various standards.
Giordano is committed to complying with anti-corruption laws that prohibit bribes, kickbacks or other corrupt actions. The Group’s ‘Accepting and Offering’ Policy prohibits employees to accept any advantages from or offer any advantages to suppliers, clients or any person having business dealings with our Company.